I’ve hopped from project to project lately. [although that’s always been my problem – that’s why it’s so hard to stay focused!] I decided to on one project alone : and I chose my pantry.
It’s definitely not the worst I’ve ever seen, but my pantry was full of trash. Food that was just wasted, because we all forgot it was there. I wish I took before pictures. . noted for my next project.
Things I’ve tossed away
- 30 bags of nissan ramen. Yes. 30 bags. that’s $10!!
- 2 gallons of hot wing sauce
- 3 boxes of ice cream cones I hid from the hubby
- A bottle of partly opened oil. yucc
- Food that expired from 2005-2009. Shows how long it’s been since I last purged!
- Was that halloween candy from 2006?!?
- Random Random Randomness.
Alright. I get it. Filthy.
What I’ve done so far
- Purged the main pantry. Placed all kept items/foods in pretty little containers
- Labeled all the containers w/ proper expiration date – I had to do a google search to see when things expire i.e. flour, sugar etc.
- Wiped down the shelves clean. Wiped cabinets as I go.
- Purged unused pots & pans. Relocated seldom used pots up on the top shelf.
- Did a mini inventory of the pantry.
What’s left to do
- Take pictures of my progress & post them up to share!
- Purge. Group. Contain. Organize bottom pantry – mainly the snack cab.
- Create Inventory. Take note of staples
- Install Sliding Drawer purchased @ the container store on 01.23.10
There’s not much left, and I’m excited to finally finish ONE project! I was full steam ahead until I filled up our garbage. I had to stop purging. Nothing should stop me now.
Goal : post final pictures by 01/30/10